How to Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 without Hassle2017.01.23 9:09 by Jamie
How to Uninstall MPC-HC from Windows?2020.05.20 7:07
How to Uninstall Freemake Video Converter for Windows?2020.05.12 6:06
How to Uninstall DaVinci Resolve on Windows?2020.05.11 2:02
How to Uninstall Yandex Browser for Windows?2020.04.28 3:03
How to Uninstall Cheat Engine for Windows?2020.04.21 9:09
How to Uninstall GameLoop on Windows PC?2020.04.14 9:09
Completely Uninstall Evernote from Windows with Expert Guides2019.01.10 3:03
Uninstall RealVNC Guides With Traditional Or Faster Way2018.09.20 9:09
Uninstall Viber for Windows with Easy-to-Follow Guides2018.08.31 8:08
- Total Uninstaller Review (2)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Uninstall Antivirus (28)
- Uninstall Browser (9)
- Uninstall Business Software (4)
- Uninstall Communications Program (9)
- Uninstall Developer Tools (2)
- Uninstall Digital Photo Software (6)
- uninstall DVD & Video programs (12)
- Uninstall Educational Software (2)
- Uninstall Games (9)
- Uninstall Graphic Design Software (12)
- Uninstall Internet Software (8)
- Uninstall MP3 & Audio Software (6)
- Uninstall Network Tools (7)
- Uninstall Potential Unwanted Program (3)
- Uninstall Productivity Software (4)
- Uninstall PUPs (1)
- Uninstall Security Software (15)
- Uninstall System Utilities (3)
- Uninstall Utilities & Operating Systems (24)
- Uninstall Utility (46)
- Uninstall Video Editing Software (6)
- Uninstall Video Software (6)
- Uninstall Web Development Software (2)
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
Cannot uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 for unknown reason? Have no idea how to clear up its leftovers from system? Check out this guide to help work it out.
As a famous antivirus software, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus claims to provide best protection against e-threats, superior performance with no slowdown, comprehensive technical support and so on. Yet, users who has installed this program could decide to uninstall it for various reasons (for instance, compatibility issue). Anyhow, since you come to this page, presumably here’s the question you are concerned of: how can I perfectly uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 from Windows, with no trace left?
As we have tested, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, once installed, runs automatically every time you boot up the computer. When you try to shut it down, you will find that there is not Exit option from its right-click menu, and if you try to quit the processes pertaining to this software via Task Manager, the request will be denied too.
Why so? Well, many antivirus software do so to protect themselves from being turned off by malware or virus. For that kind of antivirus, running the built-in uninstaller will automatically deactivate its executive program. So don’t be anxious about that, and you can go ahead the uninstall by following the detailed instructions below.
Option 1: Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 from Start Menu
It would be quite time-saving and less laborious to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 by using an all-in-one uninstaller. But if you prefer to perform the uninstall manually, just head to the Start menu > Control Panel/Settings to start with. Here are the steps for different Windows OS users to perform a standard uninstall.
For Windows 7 users:
- Access to Start > Control Panel > Programs to open Programs and Features panel.
- Select Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 from there, and then click Uninstall button.
For Windows 8 users:
- Right click Start menu and then click Programs and Features from the list.
- Highlight Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 in the list, and click Uninstall.
For Windows 10 users:
- Click Start menu, and locate Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Repair or Uninstall option under the Bitdefender 2015 folder.
Windows 10 users can also uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 via the Settings app. Just head to open Settings from Start menu, and click on Apps & features on the left pane. Then choose Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 on the right pane, and click Uninstall button twice.
The uninstall wizard will pop up, and then follow the prompts:
- Click Remove button in the Bitdefender Repari Or Uninstaller window.
- Choose I Want to Permanently Remove It, and click Next button.
- Wait for the uninstall to complete, and click Restart to finalize the process.
Option 2: Run Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 Dedicated Uninstaller
Most antivirus software come with their dedicated uninstallers (usually located in installation folder). If the app you want to uninstall does not show up in the Control Panel, here is the alternative: you can directly activate its uninstall program.
Bitdefender also provides separate uninstall tool for different products. If you want to install the dedicated uninstaller to get rid of Bitdefender, see this download link. Note: after you use this tool to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, you will need to uninstall this tool too. So we don’t recommend this option if the first one works.
Wait... How about Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 Leftovers?
If you has successfully uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 from Control Panel, here is the additional step you need to take: deleting its remnants left around your system. To thoroughly detect invalid files and folder, you can follow these steps:
1. Delete entries in registry
- Go to Start > Run, type "regedit" and hit Enter to launch Registry Editor.
- Click Yes if you are prompted to give confirmation in UAC dialog.
- Click the Find from Edit menu, type Webroot in the Find box, and hit Enter key.
- Once found, right click on the key or value and choose delete option from the list.
- Hit F3 to locate the next one, and repeat the steps to delete all related entries.
Warning: You must be very cautious when making changes on Windows Registry. Inexperienced users are not recommended to modify the registry without making a backup copy, cause serious issues may occur if you mistakenly delete keys or values there. If you are reluctant to carry out this task, we strongly recommend you to utilize an professional uninstaller or a registry cleaner to get the job done automatically.
2. Remove leftovers in disk
- Head to Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then select the View tab.
- Check the "Show hidden files and folders" in Advanced settings and click OK.
- Right click on the Start menu and choose File Explorer from the list.
- Click on This PC, and type Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 in the Search box.
- Delete items pertaining Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 in the scanning result.
So that’s the end for manual uninstall. Manual work requires much time and patience, and even you perform the steps strictly, uninstall may still fail out for unknown cause. That’s why we raise the third option. If you want to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 without hassle, why not try the recommended solution listed below?
Option 3: Remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 via Total Uninstaller
Feel the manual steps above are too complicated to complete? Try to find a much easier and quicker way to tackle the uninstall? A professional, reliable uninstaller might be what you’re looking for. Watch the video clip to see how Total Uninstaller works to help you uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 without a trace left.
With Total Uninstaller in hand, you can simply take a few clicks to thoroughly uninstall any unwanted, stubborn, problematic or malicious program from Windows.
Part 1: select target program
- Run Total Uninstaller after shut down Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015.
- Select Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, and click on Run Analysis.
Part 2: perform the uninstall
- Click on Complete Uninstall after all the components have been scanned out.
- Click on Yes in the pop-up dialog and follow the onscreen instructions.
- When prompted, click Restart button to reboot your computer.
Part 3: delete program leftovers
- Relaunch Total Uninstaller, and click on Review all the leftovers button.
- Click on Delete Leftovers > Yes to remove all the associated items scanned out.
- When finished, click OK in the pop-up dialog, and then click on Back to Step 1.
You can see that the whole uninstall only take a short time to complete, and it helps remove all the components of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 that scanned out.
Thanks for reading the “Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015” guide. Welcome to leave your comment. Contact us if you have problem in using Total Uninstaller.