How to Uninstall IrfanView Thoroughly from Computer2016.04.11 9:09 by Patrick
Sudoku Free Uninstall Guides - How to Remove Sudoku2021.01.21 14:14
Instructions to Uninstall Rainlendar Completely in A Simple Way2021.01.14 15:15
How Do I Uninstall Flipboard from PC - Flipboard Removal2021.01.04 6:06
Guides to Uninstall FL Studio under Windows OS2020.12.24 13:13
Available Ways to Uninstall MediaFire from PC2020.12.16 14:14
How to Remove and Uninstall Logitech Unifying Software2020.12.09 13:13
Uninstall ShareX Guides - How can Remove The App on Windows2019.05.28 8:08
How to Uninstall Silverlight Successfully from Windows2019.01.24 15:15
Completely Uninstall Evernote from Windows with Expert Guides2019.01.10 3:03
How can Uninstall OneDrive from Windows System2019.01.03 8:08
- Total Uninstaller Review (2)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Uninstall Antivirus (28)
- Uninstall Browser (10)
- Uninstall Business Software (4)
- Uninstall Communications Program (10)
- Uninstall Developer Tools (2)
- Uninstall Digital Photo Software (6)
- uninstall DVD & Video programs (12)
- Uninstall Educational Software (3)
- Uninstall Games (11)
- Uninstall Graphic Design Software (13)
- Uninstall Internet Software (10)
- Uninstall Media Player (3)
- Uninstall MP3 & Audio Software (9)
- Uninstall Network Tools (7)
- Uninstall Potential Unwanted Program (4)
- Uninstall Productivity Software (4)
- Uninstall PUPs (1)
- Uninstall Search Engine (1)
- Uninstall Security Software (16)
- Uninstall System Utilities (3)
- Uninstall Utilities & Operating Systems (24)
- Uninstall Utility (50)
- Uninstall Video Editing Software (7)
- Uninstall Video Software (9)
- Uninstall Web Development Software (2)
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
IrfanView is a light application that allows users to view and edit their pictures. Yet when it comes to uninstalling it, it may disappoint users for it is not so easy to get rid of the leftovers when to uninstall IrfanView from computers. This post illustrates different methods for you need to take to perform a complete uninstallation of it.
Uninstall IrfanView with Windows Add/Remove program feature
Windows allow users to perform uninstallation of the third-party applications via its special Add/Remove program features. Therefore, you can follow the following instructions to uninstall IrfanView from your computer. Please pay attention to the versions of your operating system, and choose the right instructions to perform.
Windows 7 users can go through these steps by clicking Start> Control Panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features, and then continue your uninstallation step by step.
Windows XP users can click Start> Settings>Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs, and then go through the following steps to finish your removal.
Windows 8/10 users will be easier to use the uninstall feature of Windows like this:
Click on the Windows logo (Start button), and then enter "Control Panel" in the search bar next to the start button.
Select Irfan View from the list and then click "Uninstall".
Windows 10 users who prefer not to type can also carry out the uninstallation of IrfanView by these steps.
- Click on the Start button, and then select "Settings" from the menu.
- Click "system"
- Click on the "Apps& Features" on the left-hand sidebar
- Scroll down to find Irfan View
- Place a single click on the program, click on "Uninstall" button, and then click "Uninstall" on the confirmation pop-up window.
After you have uninstalled the unwanted program, you have to search for the leftovers of IrfanView, for there are more things installed onto your PC other than the single program itself.
Before you uninstall IrfanView, you can check the components of the program by right-clicking on the icon, and then select "Open file location" and you will see there are several folders and files, containing applications like Panda Security Toolbar, caches and lots of applications extensions, and also a uninstall program, which can be used to remove IrfanView itself.
Uninstall IrfanView from PC with its built-in uninstall program
You can also remove the program with a built-in uninstall program.
- Right click on the IrfanView icon and then select "Open file location"
- Double click on "iv_uninstall"
- Authorize the changes on your computer by clicking on "Yes" in the pop-up window.
- Click on "Yes"to confirm your uninstallation of IrfanView
- Click on "Ok" in the pop-up window and your removal of IrfanView has been finished.
Built-in uninstall program sometimes can't be easy to launch, and even you can run the uninstall program, it can just help you remove the executive files of the unwanted application but not get rid of all the components of it.
As for the manual uninstallation, it cannot get rid of all the remnant files of IrfanView, and might cause problems that leads to the failure of IrfanView uninstallation, such as
- Computer freeze up during your removal
- Uninstallation process get stuck and cannot continue the uninstall
- Can't find the uninstall process on your computer
- Applications extensions or tool like Panda Security Toolbar still exist on your PC. If you do find the leftovers on your computer after your removal, you will have to remove the leftovers on your own to ensure a clean and complete uninstallation.
If you do fail to remove IrfanView with the methods mentioned above, you are recommended to adopt the uninstall way as bellow.
Recommended way: Uninstall IrfanView with professional uninstaller
Unlike the typical uninstall method, this option allows you to uninstall IrfanView thoroughly with just a few clicks in seconds. You can just move your finders and click your mouse to finish all your work to remove the unwanted program, and at the same time clean up all the traces of IrfanView for good.
To automatically uninstall IrfanView from PC, you can just follow these simple steps.
- Download and install the professional uninstaller here, and then launch it.
- Click on the icon of IrfanView, and then proceed "Run Analysis", which will help you search for and select all the components of the program automatically.
- Click "Complete Uninstall" button and then click "Yes"
- Confirm your removal again
- Click "Scan Leftovers" to search for the leftovers of the program.
- Click "Delete Leftovers"and then select "Ok".
That's how you can uninstall IrfanView automatically from your computer. Is it easier to perform than the typical uninstall way? With the help of a professional uninstaller, you can not only carry out simple uninstallation on your computer, but also get rid of all the unnecessary applications, tools, extensions and other unused files or good.
The specialized uninstaller makes it easy to uninstall IrfanView and any other unwanted program from computer, and is suitable for both average computer users and advanced users. If you need to perform some uninstallations, why not adopt an easier way?